Not much new to report this week, as I’ve been working on pretty much the same things I worked on last week.
Basically, I repeated the tasks I did last week – writing one new article, spinning it and submitting it to various article directories and Web 2.0 sites. I then submitted some of the links I created to social bookmarking directories – again, if you want more details about these activities, check out last week’s update when I covered them in more detail.
I am happy to report that these activites seem to be paying off, though. As you can see from my rankings results, the site is already on the first pages of Google and Yahoo for my domain keyword. It’s also finally started ranking for my target keyword. Even though it’s pretty low, I’m just glad to see it finally start showing up in the rankings at all.
As for this week’s topics – things like testing, tracking and analytics – I haven’t done much with this niche site, as I’m not sure if it’s one I want to keep going with long term. I am testing a few different banners using the Max Blog Ads plugin, but that’s about it for now.
I have been keeping an eye on the Google Analytics for the site, though. It’s starting to pick up a good amount of traffic, but I’ve noticed one interesting thing – the bounce rate is pretty high for search engine traffic. I don’t have enough views yet to confirm my suspicions, but if I keep going with the site, I might look into a different theme down the road to see if that helps retain visitors.
Stay tuned for next week’s update to see what I decide to do with this site in the long run!